Monday, September 27, 2010

Cut from the Cloth

So, I have the MOST talented friend, Jenny Gilbert, who just happened to "pick up" sewing several years ago, and since then has seen her small business, Savvy Stitches, take off. You can visit her website here. Her specialty is window treatments, but she has dabbled in much more including pillows, baby gifts, hairbows, and now, clothing for girls. When my nursery was finished, I had a bits and pieces of fabric left over. Instead of storing away the extra scraps or tossing them, I sent everything to Jenny and asked her to just make me some things. Here's what she came up with:

Love the fringe on this pillow for my rocker. I think it gives it a great Western feel while still looking sophisticated.


Oh-so-cute bibs for the kiddos. I appreciate that Jen uses snaps on these!


Burp cloths always come in handy and now I have some that match the nursery!


Even Miss Maddy blends into the mix as Jenny made her a sweet little apron.


So don't toss those leftover fabric scraps anymore! You never know how they might be put to good use!

No comments:

Post a Comment