Saturday, September 18, 2010

Baby Steps

As any MOM (mom of multiples) knows, pregnancy is viewed in baby steps. It is critical to the babies' survival that the pregnancy go to 24 weeks. Things get more optimistic at 28 weeks. If you can keep those babies baking for 32 weeks, they will have a distinct advantage, spending a few weeks as opposed to months in the hospital. The little goals, or baby steps continue from there.

Today, I have entered my 34th week of pregnancy. This was my biggest goal and is truly one of my greatest accomplishments. Doctors told me that after 34 weeks, I would be able to deliver at the hospital we have chosen (as opposed to the larger university hospital that is more equipped to handle pre-term infants). We were also told that at 34 weeks, doctors will no longer try to stop labor once it begins. These little ones could truly arrive any day! Of course, my next step is to make it to 36 weeks, or full term for twins. And any goal after that would be the goal to get these children out of me!

On a funny side note, we just bought a larger vehicle a few weeks ago to fit the ever-expanding Crouch family. As much as I resisted a third row vehicle, Graham and I realized that things were just going to be too tight with anything smaller. We chose a Mazda CX-9 and are very pleased. After they are born, we are planning to put the babies' car seats in the second row and Maddy's booster in the third. Last night, when on the phone with her grandparents, Maddox was asked where she was going to sit once the babies arrived. She responded without hesitation, "In the trunk." ha!

1 comment:

  1. YAY for 34 weeks! Fingers crossed and prayers for 36 and a safe delivery for you all. :-) Maddox's comment is hilarious - I'll be telling the Manly half that one. Cute!

    ReplyDelete