Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Little Country Fan Fare

Coming up this weekend (Sept 24-26), there's a little country fair going on in Columbus, Ohio. Actually, it's not little nor does it have the typical makings of a fall fair. It is the Country Living Fair and it is fabulous! It features over 150 vendors, free baking and decorating demonstrations, and yummy food, though you may not find any deep-fried Snickers. Sorry.

I attended the Country Living Fair last year, and for two whole days I walked the Ohio Village fairgrounds in Columbus, oohing and aahing over some amazing wares. Everything from antiques to jewelry to primitives to the most whimsical decor was there and most were at reasonable prices. Here are some things I picked up:

Found this hat rack at a vendor called Chick's Picks by Hillary. I love it because it looks like big wire whisks.

Spotted these flower pins at the fair also and attached them to my hat rack.


I scored this dried goods box from a vendor on the last day of the fair and got 30% off! If you are patient enough to wait and willing to risk losing the item, you can get some great final day deals!


I bought this antique glass window from a gentleman living in Michigan that finds and restores them. I change things out seasonally on my fireplace mantle, but the window is a mainstay.



So, to all my KY and OH friends, head to the fair this weekend. As a bonus, you just might see my sister-in-law who works for Country Living in New York City! And to all my deep south girls, the Country Living Fair heads to Atlanta in October. Happy shopping!

1 comment:

  1. Molly, what great finds! I have to admit I'm a tad jealous that I don't live close enough to go - I just look longingly at the ads in my Country Living magazine every month! Hope you are well!
    Tricia S.

    ReplyDelete