Friday, April 1, 2011

My Hero

Due to the fact that the twins are now a whopping thirty-two pounds put together, I cannot possibly hold them at the same time anymore. That means I have to carry them separately upstairs for naps which is a bit of a headache and a whole lot of stairs!

Today, I took Henry up first and sat him in the nursery chair while I went downstairs for Harper. On my way back up a few moments later I heard Maddox scream, "No, Henry! Stop! I can't hold on much longer!" I was clearly alarmed and bolted up to the nursery only to find Henry hanging over the giant cliff at the edge of the chair and Maddox attempting to push him back with all of her strength. As I sat my rambunctious six month-old back in place, I came to the realization that without his big sister there, Henry would have surely rolled off the chair and hit the hardwood floor head first. I relayed this fact to Maddy and she looked at me wide-eyed and asked, "Mom, am I a hero?" Yes, yes you are.

When Graham came home from work tonight, Maddox announced that she saved Henry's life today. After dinner, we threw a Hero Recognition party in her honor. Thanks for being such a great big sister Maddy!





Our little hero, Miss Maddox.




Eating a piece of cake at the celebration.




Mommy and her little helper.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: