Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bringing the Outside In

Don't you think it is interesting that following the coldest, dreariest time of year comes the most beautiful things nature has to offer? Think about it, if spring followed summer, we would already be accustomed to green grass and warmer weather. But instead it follows the bleakness of winter and so all the colors of the spring look even more vivid than they would otherwise.

During this time of year, I enjoy bringing the beauty of nature indoors so that it compliments the decor of my home. From the flowering dogwood branches on my mantle to the daffodils lining my kitchen windowsill in miniature vases, I think just adding a touch of spring makes all the difference. Here are some little additions around my house this season.




This spring trio sits on my kitchen table. The tulips were picked from my front yard, the nest was retrieved last year after a bird abandoned it, and the speckled eggs are displayed in a glass container I use year-round.




Wanted to introduce a bit of Easter charm to my kitchen corner. The bunny candy dish adds childlike whimsy to the small space.





The staircase is a perfect place to do some seasonal changes. I found this bird cage from Michaels this year. So cute! I don't have a formal foyer in my house, so it is nice to be able to have something visually pleasing at my front door.





Got these egg cups from Pottery Barn and thought my kitchen window was a perfect place to display them. Just saw today that all Pottery Barn Easter items are 20% off!



So go outside, cut a few branches from a blooming tree, throw them in a vase and put them on display in your home. Then say a little prayer and thank God for His amazing creation. Happy decorating!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment