Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Crazy Cat Lady

Yesterday, the kids and I took a trip to our local Target and met the quintessential crazy cat lady. I was there to buy the Target brand formula in bulk and was approached by a nice woman who looked at all the children and naturally asked where the baby section was located. I pointed to the large "Baby" overhanging sign and thought I'd be on my way. Boy, was I wrong. Without warning, this woman began to tell me exactly why she needed food from the baby aisle. See, she has these cats and one of them has no tail and has some digestive problems. Frankly, it poops all over the house, but it can't help it because it has no tail and can't keep itself clean down there and can't seem to make it to the litter box. And, she goes to this vet in Greene County and he doesn't know what's wrong, but at least he's honest about it and says he doesn't know.

At this point in the conversation, red flags are going up everywhere and I realize that I am riding in the passenger seat with this woman and we are on our way to Crazy Town. I begin to slowly walk away from her, hoping that she doesn't notice because she's talking a mile a minute and maybe she'll just look up to take a breath and I'll be gone. But, she notices my escape route and begins to walk alongside of me. Maddy begins to say "C'mon Mom, let's go!" and I tell her hang on just a minute, sweetie. Slowly, the seconds tick by.

I officially checked out of the conversation when she announced that she dresses her cats up in costumes and the cat with no tail was Santa Claus for Christmas. I gave Crazy Cat Lady a puzzled "huh" then hightailed it out of there. As soon as I knew we were in clear, I filled Maddox in on the fact that the woman we were just speaking with was certifiably crazy. My daughter looked slightly frightened by that news. Oh well, she's got to learn some time. . .

Oh, and if you're wondering what the connection was between Crazy Cat Lady and the baby section, the cat with no tail will only eat jarred baby food meat. Go figure.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Crazy Cat Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment