Monday, November 17, 2014

My People

Two days ago, four mamas stepped away from the hustle and bustle of home and family life to enjoy an afternoon together. We celebrated a birthday with champagne and clove-infused pecans, then took to downtown Fredericksburg for a ladies lunch and holiday shopping. And somewhere between the oohs and aahs over a perfect birthday gift, and the giggles-turned-to-snorting at lunch, and the serious conversations about motherhood on the drive home, I realized something. These are my people. The ones who lean in, laugh loud, and love big.

My people make time for each other. We recognize that on the surface, there is no real time for this at all. And then we make the decision to carve it out of our schedules and do it anyway. 

My people lean on each other. We're raising our kids together. We've faced loss together. We're givivg back together. 

My people can go deep into each other's hurts one minute, and be talking about makeup and hair and glute exercises the next.

My people do a re-take if someone isn't happy with a picture because we understand that a girl's got to look her best, and we are committed to never being in each other's presence without making the other feel fabulous.

There is no room for competition with my people.

My people celebrate life together. So whether it's a birthday, or a holiday, or a perfectly ordinary day, my people are there to extend a hand, lift each other up, and say, "I think what you're doing with your life is amazing."







1 comment:

  1. Happy tears...love you tons and am blessed immeasurably by what each of you uniquely bring into my life!

    ReplyDelete