Monday, November 10, 2014

A Hiatus, A Conference, and a Cause

So, I sorta took a hiatus from blogging for a few weeks. Or six. Seriously, not posting on your website for six weeks is likened to blogger suicide in the online world. Who will continue to follow me? Where will my base go? How will I re-introduce myself?

All these questions and more were asked and answered at a recent blogger's conference I attended in Greenville, SC called Allume. (And so as not to complettely throw myself under the bus, I am writing more than ever, just now in a full-time career!) Allume was an amazing gathering of Christian writers and bloggers who use their conference time to reflect, re-energize, and goal plan for the year ahead.

I learned about Allume from my best friend who, with self-deprecating humor, will tell you she's not a blogger. In truth, she has an amazing story and tells it through ministry and music.

She's lives in Greenville and was on the leadership team for the weekend, making each of our days super busy, but rewarding. P.S., you do NOT have to be a "writer " to find this conference completely fantastic. Everything she told me about Allume was true:

  • There are some absolutely incredible women who attend, from bloggers just getting started, to published authors, to worthy non-profit sponsors.


  • The sessions are top-notch, inspiring attendees to make positive life changes.
(Kim Deloach Photography)
  • The non-profit organizations who sponsor the event are truly amazing, many times founded by ordinary men and women who saw a need, and wanted to make a difference.

So as I reintroduce and commit myself to regular blogging again, I want to let you know about a few things I'll be doing in the next weeks and months:


1. Each week between now and mid-December, I'll be featuring a non-profit organization on my blog that I was introduced to at Allume. I'll be calling my features, "Worthwhile Wednesdays" where my readers will be given an opportunity to learn about many life-changing organizations.  Seriously, you will be inspired by what these people are doing.

2. This Saturday, November 15th, I'll be holding my 2nd Clothing and Accessories Sale on Instagram. You can follow me @mollycrouch on Saturday morning as I post my items. Similar to what I did in the spring, the proceeds of my sale will be sent to a non-profit organization. Last time, you helped me raise almost $1000 for Sparrow Missions (the missionary group I traveled with to Honduras this summer). This time, I'll let YOU decide where the money will go. After I feature all the non-profits, I'll ask you to vote for your favorite featured organization. The organization who receives the most votes will receive the profits from my sale.

3.  As I move forward with my blog, I may be changing domains. Many of you have asked how you can "follow" me and sign-up for post alerts. I will be looking into a few strategic changes (maybe even a name change), to make my blog more accessible, easily readable, and simpler to navigate. Stay tuned! And thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment