Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring Fever

The forecast is 77 degrees tomorrow with full sun. The first daffodils have opened up and my dogwood and poplar trees are budding. Graham and Maddy pulled out the old croquet mallets tonight (when it was still light at 7:30) and played around in the yard. I am in heaven. Spring officially begins next week but already the days are longer, the air is warmer, and my heart is lighter. Here are just a few of my favorite things this season. You could say I'm coveting them, but I think optimistic wishing sounds far better.



I LOVE this three-tiered stand from Pottery Barn. Galvanized anything is so great, and this multi-functional piece is perfect for flowers, potted herbs, or even as a fruit stand. Dying to have it on my kitchen table this spring and summer.




Okay, so what if it's $550? This Tory Burch beauty is a clean and crisp match to any spring outfit. Mother's Day, Graham? haha.



My mom pointed this flower out to me during her visit here last month. The evening primrose in pink, versus the common yellow primrose, is elegant and easy to care for. It loves shade and spreads like wildfire. Perfect for my front yard.




I am anxiously awaiting coordinating dresses I ordered for Maddox and Harper from Jenny Gilbert's Savvy Stitches. From Frankfort, KY, Jenny is making the most adorable girls' clothing this spring and I am just in love with her fabrics. I bought this kitchen towel from Anthropologie a few weeks ago and sent it to her with an order for apron dresses for my spring chicks. Can't wait to see what she puts together!





Perhaps the most coveted item on this list of wants is chocolate! I gave up sweets for Lent and am struck hard with a craving everyday. All I have to say is that I better get a box like this one on Easter morning!


What's giving you spring fever this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment