Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Coordinating with Candy Stripes

It is no secret that my love affair with Matilda Jane has been a long and fruitful one.  From the first piece I ever purchased when Maddox was just two years old (a tartan plaid knot dress and ruffle pants) I have loved collecting, coordinating and dressing my girls in MJC and even spent a year selling the wares in Virginia as a trunk keeper.  Recently, seven year-old Maddox would rather be in a tee shirt and shorts than just about anything else, but her three year-old sister Harper is still enjoying all the Matilda Jane hand-me-downs she has acquired.  Last week, my friend had a trunk show in Charlottesville and I ordered a single piece- the Red Rover Bennys.  These cherry red and bubblegum pink striped pants were so adorable that I had to have them for Miss Harper, but it wasn't until they arrived at my door that I began to realize just how many items in her closet already coordinated perfectly.  You see, that is and will always be the beauty of Matilda Jane.  Season after season, items can be pieced together creatively because each collection seems to coordinate with the next.  Lately, I have begun to pass down some of our outgrown items to my nearly-two-year-old niece, Grayson.  Just in time for the next generation to enjoy.
r
Harper in her Red Rover Bennys with a MJ dress from Spring 2010.

An adorable strawberry knot dress from the Good Hart collection is a perfect match.  The tutu skirt from the Serendipity line can be layered over the Red Rovers when little one is feeling extra spunky.

My first Matilda Jane model (and her adorable friend Hannah) in a precious outfit from Spring 2012.  Now, that dress can be paired with the Red Rovers as well.
Three fun dresses from the past with just a touch of red that really pops with the Bennys.  

Does anyone else own and love these beauties?  Let me know how you are styling yours!


No comments:

Post a Comment