Sunday, October 13, 2013

Photo a Day (Week Two)

This week's Photo of the Day Challenge gave me a lot of material to work with.  "M is for. . ." on the 11th seemed like a no brainer because I have a child whose name begins with an M.  I also thought of devoting "Pink" on the 9th to my college roommate's new daughter, Caroline- born on October 8th- as I have known that Amy has dreamed of pink for years and is over the moon about her baby girl.  (Congrats Conn Family!)  When it came down to it though, I tried to pull things from everyday life, mundane as they may appear.  Here is week two in pictures:


October 7th- What You Saw Today: I spent a good part of my day finishing up this book for my Book Club, coming up later in October.  Even my children  have begun saying, "Where'd You Go, Bernadette?"  A good read, full of humor, intrigue, and the multi-faceted relationship between mother and daughter.

 
October 8th- Corner: Stopped for a picture outside this old train station, now post office, and reflected on how our nation has turned the corner on racial segregation.  We have a long way to go, certainly, but the days of separation like this are thankfully over.





October 9th- Pink:  The reason the sleeve went pink is not as important to me as the little pick-me-up it provides.



October 10th- Hands: These little hands won't be 2 much longer.  Harper opens her first 3 year old birthday present here.




October 11th- M is for. . . Made with love.  And these Halloween cookies certainly were, from start to glorious finish!

October 12th- Below:  Celebrated the twins' birthday weekend at Great Wolf Lodge in Williamburg, VA.  The kids had fun crawling up the bunk beds, but Harper had trouble getting down.  Look out below!

October 13th- Watching: With family photos on the docket at 5:30 today, I watched the weather like a hawk all afternoon.  It was drizzly, but we had a great session- and some fun with umbrellas- with our wonderful photographer, Carrie Coleman!

No comments:

Post a Comment