Monday, October 7, 2013

Photo a Day (Week One)

Remember last November when a bunch of people began recording and posting something they were thankful for everyday?  As sentimental as it was, I just couldn't get into it.  I really was thankful for a whole number of things, I just wondered if posting them alongside hundreds of other people was the best way to express my gratitude.  So when a friend asked if I wanted to join her in a Photo a Day Challenge during the month of October, I was initially hesitant.  Yet, one week into it, I'm so glad I chose to capture the daily happenings, humdrum as they may seem.  Sometimes it's a quick snap with my phone and other times a more concentrated photo with my good camera, but the pictures are all meaningful to me.  I have been made more aware of beauty in ordinary moments and am having fun finding each day's opportunity to capture something worthwhile.  Heck, I may even start a "gratitude" photo journal in November after all!  


 October 1st: Something Colourful.  Wooden picture frames painted blue.

October 2nd: Light.  My vantage point every morning in our driveway waiting for the school bus.

October 3rd: You Today.  Relaxing on my patio, wine in hand, after a long day.

October 4th: In Motion.  Graham helped Maddox create a "rocket booster" out of recyclables, and then she took off across the backyard.

October 5: Afternoon.  Spent a beautiful day at Lake Anna and the kids took turns in Dad's kayak.

October 6: 8 o'clock.  The p.m. version of the hour.  Reading books to the kids just before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment