Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Back to School!

This morning, I dropped Maddox off for the first day of 4 year-old pre-school. That little gal is so independent. Quick kiss on the cheek and she was off. I realize that the first day of pre-school is not the first day of kindergarten, so I shouldn't be sad and I'm really not. We were both ready for school to begin! I'm just a bit reflective this morning on how quickly my daughter is growing. Is it bad to want her to stay little forever? I suppose that sentiment is why I still allow Maddox to say okey-mo instead of oatmeal, Gumbo instead of Dumbo, and glitter instead of litter ("Mom look, somebody glittered on the road!" haha). Not quite ready to correct those things just yet. :)

By the way, on the drive over to St. Thomas, Maddox promised she would make friends with a new kid at pre-school today so they don't feel lonely. Precious girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment