Saturday, March 7, 2015

Finding the Marvelous

Creativity is piercing the mundane to find the marvelous. -Bill Moyer

While another six inches of snow fell this week, it was so easy to grumble. So easy to open wide the mouth and complain:
It's March for heaven's sake! 
We've had enough snow! 
The weather canceled our plans again. 

And on and on and on. But then I took a look around and saw my children playing together in the upstairs guest room, my daughter finishing an oil painting, my husband relaxing with the newspaper, the whole family acting out the book, When Robin Saved Spring, and I realized how precious these moments are, and how final. Because when the weather warms next week and the snow melts, the children will go outside. They'll play with their friends in the neighborhood. They'll ride their bikes. They'll start spring activities. They'll finish another year of school. Our lives will get busier. There won't be mundane weekends, because weekends will be full. So, today, I choose to give thanks for winter, for the slower pace it offers and the marvel it brings.












No comments:

Post a Comment