Saturday, December 7, 2013

New Traditions

By now, the Christmas season is in full swing for my crew as I know it is for yours.  All December long, we fill the calendar with special events and traditions unique to our family, many of which I'll be blogging about in the days to come.  Today just may have seen the beginning of a new annual event.  This morning, Maddox and I along with a few of our closest friends attended a very special holiday workshop at one of our favorite local gems, The Market at Grelen, in Somerset, Virginia.  I've attended events and workshops at The Market before and all are well-done, but today's was a truly magical mother/daughter event.  This Fairy Garden Workshop was themed for the holidays and was such a fun project to work on together.  Maddox and I got to pick our house, miniatures, and plants, and arrange them all in a 14x14 salvaged wood box to take home.  While M worked on a path leading up to the house, I planted small succulents around the yard.  She insisted on a mailbox for the fairies; I chose a wreath for the door.  Afterwards, we all enjoyed a Christmas brunch and a visit from Santa.

So, here's to traditions new and old!  And to making them with our families AND our friends.  Merry Christmas!
















No comments:

Post a Comment