Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Maine Event

My mother will tell you that I have been talking about Maine now for decades.  She reminds me that as a grade schooler, I vowed I would live there someday.  Well, apparently the eight year-old version of me was onto something.  Graham and I just came back from the most amazing weekend in the Polar Star state and it was everything you would expect it to be--quaint towns speckled with old sea captains' homes, rocky beaches, sea glass rolling in at high tide, vibrant flora and fauna, sailboats at sunset, lighthouses, and lobster rolls.  On the flight home, instead of choosing what location or experience of our trip we loved the most, both Graham and I agreed that it was a particular time of day- the mornings- that held us most captive to Maine's beauty.  Our early beach walks, collecting smooth black stones, sipping coffee to keep us warm in lifting fog, practicing yoga on the lawn of our inn or going on a beach run, were our best moments.  So, here's a look at Maine in pictures!  Fully worth your consideration for a summer vacation spot or a fall foliage destination.  Heck, I bet even the winter is gorgeous.     

























No comments:

Post a Comment