Thursday, December 23, 2010

Are They Twins?

Yesterday, I braved the unknown and went to a grocery store in Culpeper with all three of my children. It was scary. Meltdowns could occur at any moment. I was by myself. Anything could happen... Luckily, the babies slept through the whole trip and Maddox walked right by my side the entire time. However, in the store I was asked no less than half a dozen times, "Are they twins?" Of course I always smiled sweetly and said yes, but here is how I wanted to respond:

A. They are the same size, you idiots!

B. They are wearing coordinating hats. Need I say more?

C. Do you really think that a person in their right mind would venture out by themselves with two infants in which one didn't belong to them? Of course, they're twins!

So please friends, next time you see a mother of multiples out at the grocery store with a deer-in-the-headlights look on her face because she's terrified that one of her children could lose it at any moment, don't ask her stupid questions. Just offer to push her second grocery cart around because her other one is filled with babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment